Monday, January 07, 2008

W4J: Out Of Order

The Weekend 4 Jesus retreat is right around the corner. (It seems just like yesterday that we had the last one!) This year, the focus is on service. Yet, to truly be a servant fulfilling all your service, you must be in love with God. That is why I have chosen Matthew 22:37-40 as the theme verses for my sermons.

And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

If you love God with everything you are, then you will have no trouble serving Him. If you love your neighbor as yourself, you will have no trouble serving them. Yet, how often do we have trouble serving?!? What is the disconnect? Where are we failing? Well, I could go and on about that, but I believe we all know the answer to that.

Please pray for the retreat. Pray for the speaker (please!). Pray for the students. And most of all, pray that God will be glorified in all we do.

2 comments:

brooklynn_paige said...

Hello. I was one of the Girls from weekend for jesus. I just found your blog randomly.. and decided to post a comment. I just wanted to say i really enjoyed your message. It made me relize so much. Thank you..

-Brooklynn

Bro. Matt said...

I'm glad you stopped by and left a comment. It's good to visit with people. Thanks for the encouragement regarding the messages too! I hope and pray that you (and all of us!) will always love the Lord and follow Him all of your days.

Have a great day!

And hopefully, we'll see you at Weekend 4 Jesus next year...if not before!