Thursday, January 10, 2008

Order In The Church

Sunday, we will study 1 Corinthians 11:1-34. This section of Scripture has been quite interesting. The last section was not as difficult to me as the first section was. I have studied quite a bit about the Lord's Supper (though I'm sure I still have a long way until I properly appreciate it and understand it). I've grown up in churches that properly observed the Lord's Supper. It is something with which I am familiar. However, the first section of this passage is a little more difficult. While I grew up in a Baptist church, and the teachings of this section were applied, the details concerning length of hair, a veil covering, etc. escaped me. Now I'm sure it was taught - I probably just didn't listen! However, I have studied this section and realized that almost everyone disagrees on the details. Yet, most all agree on the basic principle of submission in God's work and order in public worship. So, while I may not understand all the details, I do believe I can at least expound upon the main principle the Holy Spirit through Paul is trying to teach. As Christians there is to be submission and order in the Lord's work. Furthermore, there is to be a proper observance and order to the Lord's Supper. And while some people may not like it, I figure since the churches belong to God and it's His Supper, He can do what He wants and how He wants. Anyway, pray that God will speak through me this Sunday concerning this passage of Scripture.

No comments: