Monday, March 08, 2010

10 Words

Well, I will finish my series on the Ten Commandments (10 words) this coming Sunday, Lord willing. It has been an exciting series...though, not always an easy one! However, preaching through this passage (Exodus 20), has made me think about some things, and I would like some input. I would like to know what you think about our society and its adherence to God's principles found in the 10 Commandments and other parts of the Bible. I really do not want another discussion about whether we are to keep the 10 Commandments or not; I really want to talk about our nation and its adherence to God's principles as set forth in Scripture. Should we preach about such things? Should we expect our nation to change? Should we judge our nation? Should we repent (as Daniel and others did) for our nation? Etc. (I know the answers to some of these questions are quite obvious, but I just wanted to spur your thoughts. Feel free to add more questions and thoughts.)

2 comments:

Arch Bishop said...

Yes to all the questions. God uses such preaching to remind believes, to convict sinners and to get the attention of a nation. We need preachers to quit preaching fluff, psychobabble, feelgood sermons and go back to preaching sin, repentance, faith in Christ and do so with urgency and passion.

JamesCharles said...

Amen Brother Arch!

Question: Should we preach politics or politicians, even though it is currently illegal?