Monday, July 27, 2009

To Watch Or Not To Watch (Rated G)

As Christians, at what point should we separate ourselves from the world by not watching/supporting movies? Do we watch G-rated movies but not R-rated movies? Do we support companies that only produce family friendly films or do we take it one movie at a time? Should we watch any movies at the theater (or maybe even home) since much of the entertainment world is wicked? Is there a line we should not cross, or do we really care?

This week's top 5 movies:
1. G-Force
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. The Ugly Truth
4. Orphan
5. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

3 comments:

cory said...

I'm fully convinced that I can't be what I should be and watch T.v. or movies at all. Even the good stuff is filled with such strong undertones.

Yet....I'm not really ready to change it.

JamesCharles said...

What about giving more $$ in one week to a theatre for one visit than to a church? My reason for not visiting theatres is simple the cost.

As to deciding what to watch, I would GUESS everyone should let God lead them in their choice. God has been working on me, and I've been slowly changing towards a more conservative side. Slowly, but God's still working on me. What's that children's song? "I am a Promise... a great big bundle of, potentiality" and the other one "He's still working on me."

Bro. Matt said...

Yes, you have to take out a loan to just get into the movie. But what about the popcorn?!? How do I afford the popcorn?!?