Monday, February 04, 2008

Facing The Giants

The New England Patriots faced a face-full of Giants last night as they were finally defeated which ended their "perfect" season. As I have said for two weeks, the Giants did win. The last regular season game showed the Giants that they could measure up to the Patriots and instilled confidence which I believe was needed last night. Also, I will give this to the Patriots - they were not just playing against the Giants, they were playing against history as well. It has been 35 years since there has been a perfect NFL team ('72 Dolphins - and they didn't have to cheat to accomplish that feat!). All year the Patriots have had to deal with the media, other teams, and now Congress. Of course, that really doesn't bother me because I'm glad the Giants won! (Don't get me wrong, I would have much rather seen the Cowboys in the Super Bowl...) Alas, the word my uncle introduced me to - undecheated - must now go back into the log of unused words...at least until another team keeps winning despite all their cheating.

Fe Fi Fo Fum,
I smelled the blood of an Englishman

2 comments:

abainfrance said...

Anybody got a copy, send it on, Jason

Bro. Matt said...

I'll try to get you one.