Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No Faith

Okay, I have to admit it. I have lost faith. I didn't ever think I could lose my faith, but it has been repeatedly attacked in the last few months until I no longer can put my trust in the system. Yes, that's right, I no longer have faith in the U.S. government. I no longer believe it is representing me. I no longer believe it is protecting our religious freedoms. I no longer believe it is following the Law of the Land (called the Constitution!). I no longer believe the majority of politicians are honest. I no longer believe it is protecting life (legalizing murder we call abortion!). I no longer believe it is being run by capable people for the most part (left or right). I no longer believe it is honest (hypocrisy abounds in the politicians and the laws they pass!). I no longer believe the wrongs can be reversed. That is, without the help of God. I do believe that God has allowed this government to remain in power. I do believe that I should submit to the laws of the land as long as they do not violate the commands of God. (I will comment concerning the legal system and Constitution later.) I do believe I should pray for our government and leaders. I do believe that I should hope for God's providential hand turning us from our ways as soon as we repent and seek Him. I do believe in the American people. So, maybe I haven't lost my faith. Maybe, I'm just frustrated at the evil and wicked ways of our government. Maybe, I'm frustrated at the apathy of the general public. Maybe, I'm frustrated because we are allowing sin to rule the day instead of righteousness.

But regardless, I will not lose faith in my King! I will look forward to His return as the Most Righteous rules the earth! I will have faith in Him!

1 comment:

Adrian Neal said...

Amen...I too am very fearful of the direction our gov't. is headed, as well as open sin everywhere and the apathy of Christians.

We just have to hold on to the exact middle verse of the Bible, Psalm 118:8..."It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."