Monday, March 30, 2009

This Is Truly Mind-Numbing
If I hadn't seen it on Fox News...I wouldn't have believed it. There is a school district that instituted a "No Touch Policy." All high-fives, hugs, and handshakes were to be banned. (In fact, the student would be expelled or suspended.) Now, the whole story is not given, but even if they were trying to do something legitimate (like stopping sexual harassment), who would come up with this?!?
"Okay...we don't want you to give each other high-fives or even touch each other because that could be seen as threatening."
"But what about football? Don't we have to touch each other to play football?"
"Not any more. We are now playing flag football. And there's an automatic ejection from the game if you touch someone."
This fits in a category all by itself. Having said that...I'll hush.
(Or maybe I won't!)
By the way, President Obama said that the government has no interest in running GM, but they just "fired" the CEO? And they have no interest in running Chrysler, but they told them to join with Fiat? Man, I sure hope they do not have any interest in running my life...wait...

No comments: