Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Believe It Or Not

Well, you probably will believe it, and I'm sure you'll get a laugh out of it too! Saturday night as I sat at my computer finishing the powerpoint for our VBS, my computer started acting weird again. It has been doing this for about a month, but I didn't have the time (or money) to fix it. So, I kept using it. Anyway, as I sat there finishing my work, the monitor started...well, it was doing weird things. Fortunately, I saw what was coming and was able to save all my work on my flash drive (thank goodness I already had it plugged in!). Right after I saved my last file (this work had taken me 7 hours to do, okay...), the monitor exploded. Well, maybe it didn't explode, but it popped and blew smoke everywhere. So, here I am sitting in my family room surrounded by smoke, and then I realize...I need to change the batteries in the smoke alarms (this little incident would have definitely set it off!). Anyway, I had to borrow another computer and finish my work. But as I said, I'm sure you'll find it funny, and I probably would have too if I could have seen the look on my face.

Now I've said all that to explain for my lax blogging. It's hard to see when you don't have a monitor! But thank goodness I kept an old one and am using it for now. Oh I can't wait for the day I get a laptop with internet from Cingular or Alltel! No more dial-up then baby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must...Resist....Aggie... Jokes........

Bro. Matt said...

Must...Resist...Dropkicking...Stephanie...

(Wait, did I type that out loud?!?)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should go home to Greenbow, ALABAMA!

LA

Philip said...

I never resist Aggie jokes. I just try and love them for the nice guys they are.
BTW, fixed my computer last night (6-5-07). Thought it was a goner there for a second. I'm totally "feelin' yer pain" on that one.
I've got CABLE high-speed internet, so I am having a bit of trouble relating to your leetle pro'lem. Jes' sayin...
Oh, and "A Knife and a Hack" is on my music page (www.myspace.com/philipgriffith) now, for those with HIGH-SPEED connections (you've got a CD, Matt, that's how much I pity you).
"Bring out your dead!"