Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What Time Is It?

Okay, wait a second. It just turned November 1, but I'm already through Thanksgiving on my school calendar. What is going on? Well, with the state association meeting and then the week of Thanksgiving, half of November has "disappeared." (Not that it's all bad, mind you!) But what is even worse is that on Halloween I turned 32. When did I get to be 32? Wasn't I just 22 yesterday? You mean I've almost been married 10 years? Savannah is 7? Levi will be 5 in a week? Jason Sheffstall's son is 3? Well, why don't you just call me Rip Van Winkle! My how time flies.

But you know, that should make us realize that time is short and before we know it *poof* - we're gone. We should make most of our time and make full use of the tools God has given us to reach others around us for Christ. Time is short. The Bible teaches that very principle...so maybe we should start acting as if we believe it.

Besides, by the time I get around to writing another post, I'll probably be 42. Oh well...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely! Before long, we'll be the ones complaining at the next generation of people for all of their crazy ideas! It should be fun. =)

Bro. Matt said...

Yeah. I can't wait until we get to complain about all the "new-fangled" ideas. I'm going to hit some of the new "whipper-snappers" with my cane.

Brent and Tawm said...

what's it feel like to be that old??

Anonymous said...

Sheff's got at kid?!? Where have I been? BTW, I'm looking for Shane's keys if anyone's seen them...

Bro. Matt said...

I'm so old...I can't feel!