Monday, November 13, 2006

What are the odds?

I can't believe it. For the second week in a row, Texas A&M was outscored by 1 point. And both games were on ABC! We gave the game away...how sad. But I can't complain too much because my wife and kids gave me a great birthday present. They took me to the A&M-Nebraska at Kyle Field. Whoop! It was so much fun to go back to my old school and see all the new stuff going on and show the kids where daddy went to school. We toured the campus, went to the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library, ate great food, and visited with one of my old roommates (and yes Greg, you are old!). Overall, the best part of the entire 3 days was watching my children's eyes light up when the jet planes (warthogs) flew over, the corps marched in, the football team took the field, the band marched, and 87,000 crazy fans yell like you've never heard. They were so excited about the game, etc. that they started crying when we had to leave. I know this is "mushy" and all, but it really made me a proud daddy. It may mean nothing to you, but when my children love their dad and his old school like they do, it brings tears to my eyes. I'm sure you can make a good correlation to how we should act towards God, but I won't do it because I'll start preaching if I do. Anyway, I'd like to say thanks to Jen and the kids for such a great weekend and Gig'em Aggies!

No comments: