Monday, November 20, 2006

Well, we took the kids to see Happy Feet. It was okay, but not an out of this world film to me (watch Hoodwinked for that!). I do have one question though. Have any of you noticed how the kids' movies are including more and more sexual references, etc. I understand that most of the small children do not understand it and that mainly adults "get it." But why must it be included in the first place. Happy Feet had way too many sexual innuendos. I now know why it was rated PG. I guess that should have been my first clue. What happened to the good, rated G movies? (not the rated G movies that should be rated PG either!) I don't want to sound old-fashioned, etc., but it just concerns me as a parent. Besides it's my blog and I can type if I want to! (sorry for the bad Cindi Lauper joke.)

2 comments:

Kevin Higgins said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

Yah. I've totally noticed the increasing amount of sexual innuendo in these "kids" movies. And they do "get it" in a way, when they hear the adults laughing, they associate whatever was said/done (even though they didn't understand it) with being funny. Then they emulate it. So, in a way, they "get " that it's funny and try to mimic it, which is no good.