Monday, September 14, 2009

Revive Us Again?

I am enjoying the Revival Services at Cedar Creek MBC in the Palestine/Elkhart area this week. The people are truly thirsty for God's Word and have been wonderful to my family and me. However, it has started me to think about how churches and individuals respond to revival services. (The following has nothing whatsoever to do with Cedar Creek MBC. It just so happens that I started thinking about how people respond to revivals because I'm preaching a revival!)

When is the last time you really were affected by a revival? I mean, affected for months or years, not just days? When is the last time you really experienced a revival? Was it even during revival services? Do we sometimes hold revival services, but then nothing seems to happen? Are we just in a mode of, "We must have a revival every year" just to soothe our conscience? Do we have to have a revival every year? Should we maybe be revived every Sunday? Or should we stay in a state of revival from the Lord?

No comments: