Monday, July 21, 2008

What has happened to logic and our legal system?

While eating lunch today, I saw a news item on Fox News concerning "Sanctuary Cities." The news item focused on San Francisco and its mayor (both of which have issues), and how the city was spending taxpayers' money to advertise itself as a "sanctuary city" for illegal aliens. While I have major issues with the whole idea of sanctuary cities, one statement was made that almost made me choke on my poppy seed chicken casserole.

(To give you a clearer understanding of the following statement, let me inform you of an issue being discussed. There was an illegal alien that had committed a crime and was not deported because he was able to make it to a sanctuary city. Unfortunately, he then killed a man and his two sons. The widow wonders why this man was able to remain in the United States after committing a crime and then able to kill her husband and two sons. While they were discussing this issue, the following was statement was made.)

"Sanctuary cities are not designed to protect criminals."

Then for what reason do you have a sanctuary city?!? A sanctuary city allows illegal aliens (someone who has BROKEN a federal law) to safely live there. So, you have a city designed to protect criminals but it's not a city to protect criminals...uhhh...okay. This is idiocracy (nice word, huh?)! No wonder our nation is in the mess it is. Politicians and citizens cannot even fathom the problems because they don't understand simple issues such as this!

Well, I say let the sanctuary cities be sanctuary cities. In fact, I'll make sure I stay out of there and keep my money out of there. I'll make sure cities such as San Francisco, Austin, and Houston (sanctuary cities) do not have to worry about "my kind." Besides, we don't want law-abiding citizens there...oops, I mean...criminals.

Well, I have more - but for now, I'll stop and let you post your thoughts.

1 comment:

DarrenB said...

Logic in San Francisco? Not gonna happen...