Sunday, March 02, 2008

Napoleon and Spooky II

Our two dogs are crazy. Napoleon is the inside dog (he's a small Yorkie of course) and Spooky II is our outside dog (a huge black lab for his age). Anyway, they have developed a wonderful friendship even though they are totally different (except for the part about being dogs). The problem is they tend to get one another in trouble. Spooky finds a rug and starts ripping it apart. Well guess who joins in? Napoleon! Napoleon finds an obscure outside ornament (supposedly in storage) and mutilates it. Well guess who joins in? Spooky! While I'm glad they are "friends," I sure wish they would destroy less of my backyard.

Yet, people are so often like my dogs (just be patient...you'll see). They often travel in packs and just follow the lead dog. It doesn't really matter what is right, if it's fun and everyone is doing it, then let's join in! And pretty soon, you have a whole life destroyed.

And yes, my dogs are just dogs...I know that. But isn't it sad when people act no better than dogs? For some reason this passage of Scripture keeps popping into my mind - "Our righteousness is as filthy rags." Which reminds me...I've got to go clean my backyard.

No comments: