Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ordination Service

I am honored to have been asked to preach Bro. Pee Wee (Gerald) Beckham's ordination service Saturday at noon at Arp FBC (that is if the presbytery okays it!!!). While the ordination service is a wonderful time to encourage Pee Wee and his wife Lisa, it also has been a time where I have (re)evaluated how and why I do what I do. It encourages me to see Paul's writing to young (young of course is relative) Timothy. What wonderful words Paul pens in II Timothy 4. They are words that I pray will stick with me as I charge Pee Wee to fulfill his God-given call. And it's not like I have fallen away from my task, but I do believe it is good to go back and look at the basics again.

Well, without blabbing too much more, pray for me as I preach the ordination sermon. Pray for Pee Wee as he enters a new phase of his life. Pray for the church at Jasper where Pee Wee will serve (you know they are going to need it!!! Hahahaha!!!). But most of all, pray for God to be glorified.

No comments: